Tremendous thanks to everyone who has kept our program vibrant through these challenging recent years!
Tim's classes are accessible and simple—so a beginner can benefit from them. His classes are also deeply complex—there is always another layer to uncover and explore. ... Louise F.
This year, we are proud to be partnering with Aiping Tai Chi in Milford CT. Follow this link for full program or individual session registration.
Beginners will gain:
● Practical self-treatment strategies for your health and well-being
● An experiential introduction to traditional Chinese medicine
● Competency at teaching a variety of foundation exercises
Movement instructors will gain:
● New exercises easily integrated into a variety of practices and classes
● New body maps to help improve student performance and understanding
● Simple strategies for adapting exercises to individual needs and challenges
Bodyworkers will gain:
● Gentle range of motion and release techniques
● Improved body mechanics and self-care to support your work
● Integrated exercise recommendations for clients
Fall 2023/Spring 2024 CTM 1 sessions (classes
meet Tuesday mornings 7-8:30 AM in Milford CT)
1/09-1/23 Session 5: Freeing Your Spine and Alleviating Chronic Pain (3 weeks)
Deepen your practice of Chinese therapeutic movement by exploring how the basic strategies combine to create powerful and synergistic effects through the movements of Tai Chi, Bagua, the Five Animal Play, and other traditional practices. In order to fully uncover the internal dynamics of traditional exercises, we will compare multiple systems of each (for example with five different interpretations of the Tiger Play, both in place and walking). We will review the basic exercises and strategies of CTM 1 as a jumping off point for each new curriculum block. This course will also further your understanding of traditional Chinese diagnosis and treatment strategies.
● There is a discount for the complete 33-week series ($599).
● Optionally, participants can opt for rolling enrollments in individual 2-week sessions ($39) and 4-week sessions ($79) as described in the schedule (for a total of $648).
● Upon completion of all CTM 2 workshops, a 50-hour certificate will be issued.
● Certificates require the full sequence in order).