Certificate in Chinese Therapeutic Movement (CTM 1)
Live Online Workshops 2021-2022
Beginners will gain:
● practical self-treatment strategies for your health and well-being
● an experiential introduction to traditional Chinese medicine
● competency at teaching a variety of foundation exercises
Movement instructors will gain:
● new exercises easily integrated into a variety of practices and classes
● new body maps to help improve student performance and understanding
● simple strategies for adapting exercises to individual needs and challenges
Bodyworkers will gain:
● gentle range of motion and release techniques
● improved body mechanics and self-care to support your work
● integrated exercise recommendations for clients
Chinese medicine practitioners will
● additional modalities that complement acupuncture and moxibustion
● seamless integration with TCM treatment principles
● practical embodiment of your understanding of qi, channels, and organs
Our 50-hour CTM 1 series consists of 10
workshops offered one weekend a month over the course of a year. In-depth class notes and online videos included.
Workshops can be taken individually, though there is a discount for the complete series. Ten 5-hour days are sequenced progressively, beginning in September, but are not required to be taken in order. In each class, emphasis is placed on perceiving, understanding, and guiding qi for specific therapeutic benefit. Upon completion of all 10 CTM 1 workshops, a 50-hour certificate will be issued.
The CTM Certification series is 10 five-hour individual weekends, paid individually over the course of the year ($650 total) or by a single full-program discounted tuition ($600). For participants who have already enrolled in one full weekend day ($65), this tuition can be applied to a 9-weekend discount package ($535). All workshops will be recorded in the event a participant misses a class.
For 2020-21, our CTM 1 series will still meet online. All exercises, as well as palpation
of soft tissue, channels, and cavities, will be made clear through our live stream workshops, detailed class notes,
and online video recordings.
Fall/Spring 2020-2021 CTM 1 series (classes meet Sat & Sun 10 AM - 12:30 PM)
5/22-23 “Personalizing Traditional Routines:” Eight-piece Brocade, Six Sounds, and Transforming Sinews Method
Health Goals and Your Own Practice Regimen”
9/18-19 “Exploring the Two Qi”: Integrating Breath and Body Channels
10/23-24 “Refreshing Your Lungs, Diaphragm, and Shoulders”
11/13-14 “The Wellspring of Your Foot-Lumbar Pump”
12/04-05 “Securing Your Kidney: Hormonal Balance and Aging”
1/TBA “Freeing Your Spine and Alleviating Chronic Pain”
2/TBA “Easing Liver Qi and Your Stress Response”
Metabolism, and Fatigue”
4/TBA “Nourishing Your Heart, Invigorating Circulation, and Settling your Spirit”
5/TBA “Personalizing Traditional Routines:” Eight-piece Brocade, Six Sounds, and Transforming Sinews Method
6/TBA “Developing Health Goals and Your Own Practice Regimen”
Advanced workshops and certifications
We have postponed the
launch of our advanced 50-hour CTM 2 certificate until fall 2021.